#Energy Systems Advisory #Transaction advisory and due diligence #Energy planning and markets #Wind power #Civil Engineering #Environmental
Support for the Implementation of Wind Auctions in Uzbekistan - Karatau Wind Project (Phase I)
The key objectives of the overall assignment:
- Site selection and assessment: Review existing materials on potential project sites and wind measurement studies in Uzbekistan and advice on any gaps that need to be addressed for selecting a site that will be subject to a tender for 100 MW wind park.
- Legal & regulatory framework: Develop a detailed design for a competitive bidding process for a wind power tender, accounting for current arrangements, RE targets and market context.
- Tender documents for wind project auction: Prepare all the tender related documentation required for the deployment of a competitive procurement scheme for selected wind projects.
- Implementation of wind auction: Provide detailed technical, financial and legal assistance to the Authorities for the implementation of the competitive procurement scheme.
- Framework for future competitive procurement schemes.
- Project and stakeholder management activities in Uzbekistan
- Support technical (including conceptual wind farm design) feasibility assessment of the selected site
Perform detailed assessment of the selected site including:
- Site conditions assessment
- Geotechnical investigation as per ASTM standards
- Grid connection study
- Environmental and social assessment
- One-year bird monitoring campaign including collision risk management
- Support structuring of the transaction
- Preparation of minimum technical specifications, technical appendices schedules or drafting of RFQ and RFP package including bid evaluation criteria for grid and E&S parts
- Support the prequalification, bid evaluation, negotiation and financial closure